Saturday, February 11, 2012

Desserts

These tiny little berries, Huckleberries, are very important to my Mickelson family, and I have tried to make up some recipes to honor the memory of them. My love of these came from my grandpa. We go out as a family every August and pick them. I think we all get to know each other the most at this time, and we all carry something great out to share. Find something in life to share, and your family will be closer.

These pictures were taken by me.


Huckleberry Heaven

I put this little recipe together to celebrate the wonderful taste of this strong little berry and to celebrate my grandpa's life in a way.

Ganache pie filling:
2 C milk chocolate (or semi sweet, whatever you like. You know I like Milk Choc!!)
1 C heavy cream (whipping cream)
(melt these together in a double boiler or in the microwave in a glass measure cup, or microwave safe bowl. If in microwave go30 seconds at a time and stir. When melted together chill for 30 min in fridge.)
Sauce:
1/2 C sugar
2Tbs cornstarch
1/2 C smashed huckleberries (add a little water if needed)
2 Tbs Lemon juice
Combine together in saucepan and bring to boil stirring constantly. This should thicken up nicely, if not add a bit more cornstarch. Set aside and let cool! Double recipe if you'd like more. This sauce can also be used on cheesecake.
Take ganache out of the fridge and whip with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. Put inside a chocolate graham cracker, or plain graham cracker crust (chocolate is better), and top with cooled berry sauce. Put in fridge for an hour and serve. Warning: Extremely rich and amazing! Will solve chocolate craving fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment